2011


Hello again and Merry Christmas!
I sincerely hope this finds you all doing well and trust you had a wonderful year full of great memories. I know we did. It’s all I can do to keep up these days.

Michael started Kindergarten this year (sniff, sniff). He loves it and is doing so good, socially and academically. For his 6th birthday, he begged for a dog.  Our first thought was “seriously?” but then we thought why deny our boys the joys of growing up with a dog.  We decided a Golden Retriever would be a good fit for our family. We picked out a boy and got him just in time for Michael’s birthday.  The boys named him Murphy.  What a joy he has been and is literally growing daily before our eyes. At five months old, he's about to pass up Michael at 50 lbs. and still growing.

Matthew is in 4th grade and growing like a weed as well. His big request this year was to play tackle football. I reluctantly agreed, thinking he really wouldn’t like it.  Much to my surprise, he loved it! Luckily, no injuries.  Now we have baseball, basketball and football…times two! Somehow, Murphy ends up the star of all the games. We take him everywhere…I think the whole town knows him! Everyone loves a puppy and he certainly loves people and being on the go. Yep, he fits right in our family!

Mark formed a new Diamond 9U travel baseball team. The tournaments will start in the Spring. We played a few this past Fall and they did great! It’s Matthew’s first kid pitch team. He pitches and plays first base.

We managed to squeeze in several camping trips this year. Memories I wouldn’t trade for the world and I know Mark and the boys wouldn't either.  I must say, we all missed not going to Disney this year. Definitely on the agenda for next December.

I know I say this every year, but it bears repeating...   I am so blessed to be a stay-at-home mom!  I love helping in the boys' classes and being there when they get home from school.  I thank God everyday for blessing me and allowing me that privilege in this day and age.

Scroll through below to view a few of our pictures from 2011.  Be sure to click "Older Posts" on the right of the page each time you get to the bottom.  This will allow you to view the entire blog. You can also click directly on the pictures if you would like to enlarge.  There are a few short videos you'll need to click the play button on. My original intent of this blog was to keep it updated throughout the year. However, it looks like it has turned into an annual Christmas Blog for now. That's okay though...for all my friends and family not on Facebook, and those that I'm not able to visit in person, it's a great way to keep in touch and well worth the time.  I miss you all and encourage you to please keep in touch and make the most of every day. 

Much love and blessings...
~Debi