Dear Friends and Family....

Our 2009 Christmas Letter...

Wow…here it is Christmas time again! I'm trying something different this year. Instead of sending out a Christmas letter and picture collage, I've created a blog site for our family. I just created this blog site, but I've added pictures for each month of 2009. They are sorted by month beneath this blog. I hope you'll keep up with us on our blog site and I'll try my best to keep it up to date the whole year through!

For the past two years, we have went to Disney World the week before Christmas. I have to admit, we really miss not going this year and have already decided that we will definitely go in 2010. The boys are still at that perfect age where they're not too old to experience "the magic" of Disney. 2009 has been a great year for us, full of wonderful memories. Our big adventure this year was camping. I know, I know...who'd a thought that I would get into camping?! I have to admit, it was actually a lot of fun. Not to mention, we weren't exactly roughing it. Our pop-up was loaded with all of today's technology each time we camped...flat screen TV, DVD player, laptop computer, microwave, electric blanket in the winter months. That just sounds so funny! Guess it's the new millennium way to camp. Despite all the conveniences, we still had lots of cool outdoor adventures and great quality family time.

Another new adventure we started in 2009 is Geocaching. The boys love it (we all do). It's sort of like treasure hunting and gave us even more good quality family time together. Geocaching can be done anytime and in any city...it's even done in other countries and it's for all ages. If you've never heard of it, check out the details at www.geocaching.com. It may become a new adventure for your family.

Our big family vacation this year was a week in Destin. Believe it or not, it was our first family beach trip. We all had a fabulous time! Lots of R&R, fun, beautiful weather and beautiful beaches. I have a feeling it's going to be an annual tradition.

Matthew is in 2nd grade and so far, has managed to make all straight E's and A's all year…I am SO PROUD OF HIM! He has managed to lose most of his baby teeth and looking much too grown up for me. Matthew still enjoys playing baseball and basketball and has added skateboarding to his list just recently (maybe a little influence from his cousins, Josh and Jacob). Legos are the hottest toy in the Delph house this year. You would think we owned stock in Lego. It's driving me crazy, just trying to keep them organized and out of the way. (Hmmm….Lego stock...that might not be a bad idea now that I think of it!)

Michael is getting so big, he's 4 now and gets funnier everyday (if that is possible). He still loves to please Mommy and Daddy. Although, if you ever see me in Wal-Mart or Target, you might think different (he's good at throwing those "I need that toy" tantrums). Michael adores his older brother and is excited that he will get to play ball in the Spring, just like Matthew. Michael's favorite thing this year was all the hikes and bike rides we went on. He's definitely an outdoorsman.

Mark surprised us all when he sold his Porsche to buy a jeep. But so far he hasn't found a jeep to suit him. Hmmm....I wonder if it's because he can't quit looking at all the little sports cars! He has kept pretty busy this year coaching all of Matthew's sports (and done a great job, I might add). He has also been promoted to a nice position at work to utilize his Master's Degree he worked so hard on. I'm very proud of him!

As for me....just holding down the fort as usual and loving my job as "Mommy". I was lucky enough to get asked back to work part time again at Concord Christian School, which, by the way, Michael is handling much better this year.

God has certainly been good to us in 2009 and we are so thankful to Him. We are also thankful for all our friends and family. Even though we get busy and don't get to see everyone as much as we'd like, you remain in our hearts and prayers. May you all be blessed with a Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year filled with blessings.

Love,
The Delph Family