July 2009 Camping Pics

A quick visit with G'ma Jeanne and G'pa Kurt during one of our camping trips to Townsend.

We took 2 camping trips in July.
Both within an hour of Knoxville.
Below are some pics from both trips.

Life with 2 boys...never a dull moment! Funny that I had the camera on me and could snap this pic. I was so embarrassed though when I turned around and saw him peeing on a tree!
Tubing in the Smoky mountains.
Hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
Awesome scenery!
Michael absolutely LOVES hiking and being outdoors.


Turtles at Cove Lake State Park.



We always go geocaching when we go camping. I thought this was a cool spot. It was an overlook spot in Caryville, TN where they took old chairlifts and turned them into swings to sit in. A great way to enjoy the beautiful scenery. We would never have known about this cool spot if we weren't geocaching.



If you look close you'll see a huge rattlesnake (we were hiking in The Great Smoky Mountains National Park). This was the best picture I could get. I was not as close as it looks (I used the 10x zoom and was shaking pretty bad!) What's so scary is that we would never have seen this snake if some other hikers hadn't pointed it out. How scary is that!!!


Another scary sight while hiking. Check out the size of this spider! The boys just love this kind of stuff. Me?...I think it's pretty creepy and very hard to go to sleep at night!